Friday, August 29, 2008

NO KINDNESS GOES UNPUNISHED

This time Walt Longmire and Henry are far from the mountains of Wyoming. They have gone to Philadelphia to visit Walt's daughter, Cady. When they get there, they find that Cady has been the victim of an assault. As her life hangs in the balance, Walt tries to find who has done this terrible thing to his daughter. Was it her boyfriend - someone he's never met but doesn't think he likes anyway? Walt is soon joined in his efforts by Vic's family. Vic's mother becomes a friend and Vic's brother and father are policemen themselves. There are many twists and turns as Walt investigates his daughter's life without help from her.

Once again, I loved this book by Craig Johnson. His characters are real and likable. I had a hard time finishing this book as I hated for it to be over. There are lots of bad guys and I couldn't always keep them straight. There were also changes in Walt's relationship with Vic that I really didn't like. Not quite enough Henry in this book either but overall, I loved it and I'll be looking forward to book four in the series.

Rating - 4.5 stars

No comments: