Tuesday, November 11, 2008

L.A. Requiem

Elvis Cole is helping his girlfriend, Lucy, and her son, Ben, settle into life in L.A. He is in the process of moving her couch for the 100th time when he gets a call from his partner, Joe Pike, to help find a girl he used to date. Her father wants Elvis and Joe to find her because the police don't seem concerned. From there, Elvis and Joe get drug into a huge mess. Joe's past with the L.A. Police Department is still a raw subject and his reputation has him targeted for a crime he didn't commit. Elvis finds himself working with a sharp police woman who is angry at the men she works with who don't take her seriously. In the meantime, this case severely strains the relationship between Elvis and Lucy.

I have read a couple of Robert Crais' Elvis Cole books and I have liked them very much. This was my favorite. Until now, Joe Pike has been a strong, silent mysterious guy. In this book, we learn why Joe is they way he is and I liked him even more. The mystery was a good one and I found myself driving around a little extra to listen to the tape. Can't wait for the next Robert Crais mystery!

Rating - 5 stars

No comments: