Monday, June 8, 2009

QUEEN OF THE BIG TIME

Nella is an Italian farm girl who longs to go to school so that she can be a teacher. Her parents feel that her seventh grade education is plenty. Nella's dream finally comes true and she is allowed to go on to high school. However, a family tragedy changes her life forever. When Nella is only fourteen years old, she meets Renato. He is handsome, exciting and seven years older. Nella and Renato's lives continue to intertwine in unexpected ways throughout their lives.

I love Adriana Trigiani's books. They are the kind of books where nothing seems to happen and still lots is going on. The characters become like family and friends and are always warm and funny people that I wish that I could know in real life. Unfortunately, this audiobook was an abridged edition. I absolutely hate those! I would love to listen to this book again in its complete version.

Rating - 4.5 stars

No comments: