Friday, November 20, 2009

FIRST FAMILY

Sean and Michelle have been asked by the First Lady to investigate the murder of her sister-in-law and the kidnapping of her niece. The case is very strange and the clues seem to lead in all different directions. Meanwhile, there is an old man in Mississippi who is intent on getting his revenge on the people who ruined his daughter's life and he doesn't care who he might have to hurt to get the job done. While working the case, Michelle gets a call to come home because her mother has died. Michelle doesn't believe her mother died of natural causes and she must confront her old fears and hidden truths about her family.

I have read several books by David Baldacci featuring Sean King and Michelle Maxwell. I have enjoyed most of them. This was definitely not my favorite. I found it to be very slow going, even on audio. The story of Michelle's family is a distraction. It did finally wrap up in a satisfactory way but it was annoying at times. I also found the parts about Sam Quarry, the kidnapper, to be drawn out and in too much detail. I liked the ending but I am not sure if I will continue to read these books.

Rating - 3.5

No comments: