Saturday, July 16, 2011

DIVA PAINTS THE TOWN

Sophie is busy finishing up a huge event in town, Rooms and Blooms. She is looking forward to some peace and quiet, but Natasha is crushed when she doesn't win top designer awards. Natasha decides that their neighbor, Mordecai, who recently died has the perfect home for the Guild to redecorate for its annual tour. Of course, Sophie gets enlisted to redecorate a room. When she is cleaning, she sees the body of Kurt, the man who had been with her friend, Nina. And then, Kurt's body is gone.....and the hunt is on to find Kurt and figure out what had happened in Mordecai's house long ago.

This book had been on my TBR list for quite some time. I really liked this book better than some of the others in this series by Kyra Davis. I think the mystery may have been a little weaker. Way too many characters, lots of weird twists and turns, and such made the story a little hard for me to follow. However, the characters themselves were less annoying! Less of the Sophie-Mars-Natasha thing, less focus on Wolf and his missing wife and did he kill her, etc. I'm never quite sure if I'll continue with this series but I'm thinking I'll give the next one a try.

Rating - B

No comments: