Thursday, July 17, 2008

MURDER OF A SMALL TOWN HONEY

Skye is a school psychologist who has returned to her small hometown. She is less than thrilled to be back in Scrumble River where everyone seems to remember her as a high school girl who was eager to be out of town and on her way to bigger things. Skye is just getting the school year started when Mrs. Gumtree, a local celebrity from a children's TV show, is murdered just before the Chokecherry Days parade was supposed to begin. Everyone was surprised to learn that Mrs. Gumtree was really a young woman who had spent her senior year in Scrumble River. It seems that Honey was not the sweet girl her name might suggest, but Skye really gets pulled into the investigation when her brother, Vince, is accused of the murder.

I was thinking that I had read this book by Denise Swanson a long time ago and for some reason, I really didn't think that I had liked it. I was somewhat surprised that I really did enjoy the book. It is a little thin in places - Skye does some things that I don't think a psychologist would ever consider doing and her attitude about her small town is sometimes a little wearing. However, I really did enjoy the book and I'll probably try another sometime soon.

Rating - 4.25 stars

No comments: