Tuesday, September 23, 2008

MITFORD BEDSIDE COMPANION

This book is a compilation of many of the favorite scenes in all the the Mitford series. Jan Karon, along with the help of her sister, show again why this series was so popular with readers. As I read this book, I was reminded of my favorite characters and taken back to scenes and story lines that I had forgotten. Some parts were a little redundant, like the section relating to the seasons, but overall, it was very pleasant to spend time again in Mitford with Fr. Tim, Cynthia, Dooley and the whole gang. I'm not much of one for re-reading books but this was a pleasant way to review and yes, it does make me consider reading the whole series again. Either that or I can wait for the next in Karon's Holly Spring Series.

Thanks for a wonderful review of my Mitford memories!

Rating - 4.5 stars

No comments: