Tuesday, March 24, 2009

HELL BENT

Brady Coyne is adjusting to life without his longtime girlfriend. She has left him to go and take care of her dying father. She has told Brady to go on with his life but that is easier said than done. Brady is surprised when his old girlfriend, Alex, appears at his office unexpectedly, asking him to represent her brother. Alex's brother, a photojournalist, who returned from Iraq after losing a hand is going through some very rough times. His wife is divorcing him and he doesn't seem to care. Brady agrees to help the man, but shortly after, he is found dead in an apparent suicide. Alex can't accept that her brother would kill himself and Brady agrees to investigate.

This is the first book that I have read by William Tapply. Brady Coyne is a lawyer who loves to fish. I usually love books with lawyers but this one seemed a little slow to me. I may have made a mistake by jumping in with Tapply's latest book, but I the plot seemed intriguing. I liked the book but I didn't exactly love it. I'll have to decide if I want to try another Brady Coyne or not.

Rating - 4 stars

No comments: