Wednesday, May 13, 2009

EGGS IN PURGATORY

Suzanne has recently been widowed. She is also part owner of a wonderful little cafe, bookstore and knitting shop with two of her oldest friends. The business keeps her happy and busy. When two people are murdered within a couple of days and Suzanne is the one to find them both, she is determined to help find the killer. Soon, it seems that someone is out to get her. She wonders if it could be the preacher at a nearby cult. Of course, one of the widows seems a little too dramatic and a little too short on real tears about her husband's murder. When her late husband is accused of embezzlement, Suzanne must find the answers.

This is the first in this series by Laura Childs. I had read one of her scrapbooking mysteries and thought it was okay. I haven't read anything by her since. I really thought there were too many characters in this book to keep track of. When the murderer was revealed, I really didn't remember who he was or how he was connected to the rest of the story. I did read this book in short segments over a couple of weeks which may have been part of the problem but I'm not so sure! I would probably try another in this series because I did enjoy Suzanne and the store.

Rating - 4 stars

No comments: