Tuesday, July 14, 2009

THE GIRLS FROM AMES

Eleven girls grow up in Ames, Iowa and become the closest of high school friends. Some of their friendships began in grade school, some later but by high school, they are a very tight group. Nearly thirty years later, they are still very close friends. They manage to get together about once a year and they communicate frequently by email. Together, they remember their days in school and share their current joys and sorrows that are a part of all women's lives.

I loved this book for many reasons. I am an Iowa girl and very familiar with Ames. They girls are only a few years younger than me so many of their high school memories are things that I can relate to. I also am blessed to have friends from college that still get together and a group of adult women friends that I share many things with. We also try to travel together and we certainly share life's ups and downs together. Sometimes all the side notes about women's friendships got a little dull but I really enjoyed the snapshots of each of the girls' lives and how they related to one another.

Rating - 4.5 stars

No comments: