Tuesday, September 1, 2009

THE GIRL OF HIS DREAMS

Comissioner Guido Brunetti is trying to figure out how a young Gypsy girl could be found dead and that no one seems to be looking for her. He has also been asked to investigate a religious group that seems to be taking money from its followers. Through careful investigation, Guido is able to unravel the mystery.

This is the first book that I have read by Donna Leon. I really enjoyed Guido and his thoughtful and careful investigations. His wife, Paola, was fascinating, too. I listened to this book on tape and I do have to say that there were times I felt a little lost. I'm not sure if it was me or the book. For example, I never got a clear picture as to what was going on with the religious group. All in all though, it was a very interesting peak into life in Italy. I'm sure that I will try another book in this series.

Rating - 4 stars

No comments: