Saturday, October 30, 2010

BRYANT AND MAY ON THE LOOSE

The Peculiar Crimes Unit has been disbanded after the hierarchy of the London police department lost patience with their unusual approach to solving crimes. The members of the team have gone their separate ways and are trying to make new lives. However, when a headless body is found in a freezer in a developing area of London called King's Cross, the unit is pulled back together to fit all of the pieces and bodies together before the media ruins the project. Arthur Bryant is fixated on the layers of historical data in the area but John May is sure that the murders are unrelated to ancient tales. It will take the whole team to find the murderer.

This is the first book I have read by Christopher Fowler. I had heard lots of good things about the Bryant and May series and I have to agree that it is an enjoyable group of characters. I admit that starting late in the series made it difficult to keep some of the more minor characters straight. I do plan to continue with the series and I think I'll learn lots about London in the process.

Rating - B+

No comments: