Wednesday, September 21, 2011

THE ALTO WORE TWEED

Hayden Gonig is the choir director for the Episcopalian church in a small town in North Carolina. He is also the chief of police. When the sector for the church is found dead in the choir loft, it seems that all of Hayden's roles have finally come together. Was it the communion wine that killed the sector or is something more sinister going on? Hayden has his girlfriend, Meg, to help him sort things out but mostly, it's a pretty mixed up mess in this small town where murder is practically unheard of.

There's lots of talk on my various mystery email lists about this series by Mark Schwiezer. I found this book to be lots of fun. Hayden's attempt at writing a novel is exaggerated silliness as Meg frequently points out. Some of the scenes in the church were as funny as anything I think I've ever read. I will certainly by reading another in this series very soon!

Rating - A

No comments: