Monday, March 26, 2012

LEFT FOR DEAD

A young deputy making a routine traffic stop is shot and left for dead beside the road. A young prostitute is cut, burned, raped and thrown out in the desert. She, too, is left for dead but fortunately is found by a Border Patrol agent. Ali Reynolds knew the young deputy when she was in training. She decides to go help his pregnant wife and children while he is in the hospital. Sister Aslem has been called in as a patient advocate for the young girl who is in the same hospital. Before long, Ali and Sister Aslem realize that it was no accident that both of their patients were left for dead and that someone may still be trying to kill them.

At first, this book really was slow for me. There seemed to be too many storylines with no clue how they tied together. I am a long-time fan of J.A. Jance, so I stuck with the book and I was glad I did. As always, her books are great mysteries and I'll be looking forward to the next one!

Rating - A

No comments: