Sunday, June 10, 2012

After Camelot

Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis compared the magical time of her husband's presidency to Camelot.  In the years that followed, it seemed that maybe the Kennedys were indeed cursed.  Another brother was assissinated and the younger brother was involved in an accident where a young woman was killed.  His delay in reporting the accident cost his chance to be president.  Other members of the younger generation had issues with the law and addictions.   Was Camelot over or did it ever exist at all?

I have been a long time follower of the the Kennedy legacy.  I have read many books on various members of the family.  I truly enjoyed this account by Randy Taraborrelli.  I was impressed by his balanced look at all the family of all generations.  He didn't whitewash anyone's mistakes but he also tried to point out when people had changed.  I found this book to be a quick read despite its hefty volume and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Rating - A

No comments: