Sunday, June 10, 2012

MERCY FALLS

Cork is attending to business on the reservation when he and his deputy are ambushed.  Marcia Dross is seriously injured and Cork is hot on the trail to find out who did it.  At nearly the same time, a man that Cork's wife, Jo, has been dealing with about gambling contracts for the reservation is found dead.  Cork isn't sure but it is possible that the two incidents are connected.  Cork is pretty certain that the shots fired at the reservation were meant for him.  When his family seems to be in danger, Cork knows he must do whatever is necessary to protect them and to find the killer.

I listened to part of this book and then a month or two later finished it up.  As usual, that kind of choppiness leads to some loss of the story.  I always love Cork O'Connor and this was no exception, that is, except for the ending.  I was really disappointed in this book for that reason.  I don't recall this happening in other books by William Kent Krueger.  I certainly plan to read the next in the series but I am hoping for a better conclusion.

Rating - B+

No comments: