Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Corpse Suzette

The owner of a posh new spa in San Carmelita has gone missing. Tammy's cousin has won a makeover sweepstakes at the spa - and she's not too thrilled about it. She's also not the most wonderful house guest that Savannah has ever had, but that's the way it goes. Savannah and Dirk are back at sleuthing and trying to figure out who is responsible for the woman's disappearance. Is she really dead or just missing? What about her slimy husband? Did he have a hand in this?

I haven't read any of the J.A. McKevett series for awhile. I got tired of Savannah's decadence and Dirk's dirty comments. I decided to try another and although it wasn't a great book, it was better than I remembered the series being. Savannah and Dirk actually seem to have something more of a relationship than their previous wisecracking one. The book was a pretty fast read and maybe I'll try the next one. No hurry, though!

Rating - 3 stars

No comments: