Sunday, June 22, 2008

FREE FALL

Jennifer Sheridan approaches Elvis Cole to find out why her fiance, a policeman, has been acting distant and strange for the past couple of months. As soon as Jennifer leaves Cole's office, Mark Thurman, her boyfriend shows up and tells Cole there is nothing to investigate. He says he is involved with another woman and he will tell Jennifer on his own. Elvis can't help but think this is his easiest case ever - solved within ten minutes. Jennifer insists there is more to the story and in the meantime, Elvis discovers that his office has been searched by pros who know what they are doing. The search for the truth involves Thurman's police unit and soon, Elvis feels that he needs to uncover the truth, not just for Jennifer but for another family and himself.

This is the first Robert Crais book that I have read and I loved it. I'm not sure why I put off reading this author but Elvis Cole is as good of a protagnist as others have said that he was. He reminds me of Coban's Myron Bolitar as far as being laid-back, wisecracking, but still with a heart and a conscience. I will definitely be reading more from Robert Crais.

Rating - 4.5 stars

No comments: