Tuesday, October 13, 2009

EVIL FOR EVIL

Billy Boyle is called to leave Algiers to go to solve a mystery in Ireland. As much as he hates to leave his beloved Diana behind, the truth is that they are having some problems. She refuses to give up her dangerous work and Billy can't help but worry. He has heard about Ireland his entire life but he soons finds out that the Ireland of his ancestors has changed. He is immediately sucked into the ongoing strife between the Catholics and Protestants. Even more troubling is that people keep dying. Whenever Billy gets to know someone and start asking them questions, they end up being killed.

This is the fourth if the series about Billy Boyle, Eisenhower's nephew serving in WWII, written by James Benn. I liked most of the book but I found the parade of characters confusing. I also missed Diana and Kaz who have been wonderful supportive characters in previous books. I had to push myself a little to finish this book. I won't read another unless it is a little more straightforward and character based.

Rating - 3.5 stars

No comments: