Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Paper, Scissors, Death

Kiki Lowenstein's husband has died of a heart attack, naked, in a hotel room. Kiki will be the first to admit that her marriage wasn't perfect. Still, she is shocked to learn that he has embezzled half a million from his firm and that all of the life insurance goes to his mother, who hates Kiki. Kiki decides that she must learn more about her husband's death and make a living for herself and her daughter. She takes a job in a scrapbooking store. With the help of her friends, she unravels the mystery of her husband's death.

This book came highly recommended by several of my online reading groups. I was not disappointed. I'll be reading the next in this series by Joanna Campbell Slan. Kiki was a delightful character and so were her friends. At times, Kiki is terribly naive but this is part of her charm and I think she will continue to grow. I loved the scrabooking descriptions, too.

Rating - A

No comments: