Sunday, March 28, 2010

U IS FOR UNDERTOW

Kinsey Millhone gets asked to try to help a young man who believes he remembers some details related to an old case. About twenty years ago, a little girl was kidnapped and was never seen again. Michael Sutton believes that he may have seen some men burying the body. Kinsey is skeptical but once her curiousity is aroused, she is like a dog with a bone who must see the story to its finish. For awhile, it seems like Sutton is crazy with an agenda of his own. However, the more Kinsey investigates, she becomes convinced that he may have seen something after all. It takes some time to fill in the blanks, but Kinsey is the one to do it.

I haven't read Sue Grafton's books in a very long time. I think I quit somewhere around "M". I always planned to go back, though, and I kept hearing great things about this one. I listened to it on tape and other than the narrator sounding way to old for Kinsey, she did a good job of relating the story in a different way for each of the five points of view. All in all, this story was very intriguing and I was delighted to be reading a favorite old author once again. I may have to go back and get caught up in this series - or I may just wait for "V"!

Rating - A

No comments: