Tuesday, April 13, 2010

NEVER LOOK AWAY

David Harwood thinks that he has some info for a great news story about the proposed new jail near his hometown. Some of the people at his newspaper seem to be discouraging him from getting his story printed. David also has problems at home. His wife, Jan, seems depressed and has said that he and his 4-year-old son would be better off without her. On a Saturday outing to a nearby amusement park, Ethan suddenly disappears. Things get even crazier when Jan also disappears. Soon David is fighting not only for his career but also his life.

I have read a couple of books by Linwood Barclay and I've liked them very much. This book, too, is a great story. It is unusual to have the female character be the evil one. I loved the pace and David's predicament was tough but never got ridiculously so, which I find annoying in other books. I'll be looking forward to Liwood Barclay's next book.

Rating - A

No comments: