Thursday, April 29, 2010

HEAT LIGHTENING

This is the second book in the series about Virgil Flowers. This time, he is investigating a series of murders where the victims are staged and have lemons stuffed in their mouths. Flowers soon realizes that these deaths are somehow related to an incident in Vietnam. In typical Flowers fashion, he becomes involved with the daughter of one of the suspects. The girl is beautiful and part Vietnamese. The killings continue and Virgil has to chase down the past history to figure out who the killer is.

I listened to this book and tape and it never really caught my interest. I could just have been distracted but I only finished it because I had already been listening for quite awhile and I just kept expecting to like it better. I had a hard time keeping some of the characters straight and Virgil was racing all over Minnesota which got a little confusing, too. I'll try another Flowers book but this one was disappointing for me.

Rating - B-

No comments: