Friday, August 13, 2010

THE VIRGIN OF THE SMALL PLAINS

Abby and Mitch were two teenagers madly in love. Late one night, Mitch nearly gets caught sneaking downstairs by Abby's father, a doctor who receives a late night call. Hiding in the closet, Mitch witnesses an unbelievable act that changes his life forever. The next morning, Mitch has been sent out of town and everyone is blaming Abby. There is also the mystery of a young girl who has been found naked and dead in the pasture of Abby's friend, Rex. Over the next years, the dead girl comes to be known as The Virgin of the Small Plains. There seem to be some who never want her true identity to be discovered.

I had heard many good reviews of this book but I was a little hestitant to jump in with an author I hadn't heard much about. I loved the book! I loved the setting of the Flint Hills as we drive through every time on our way to Caldwell. The characters were fantastic, some seemed unbelievably terrible but still it was a great story! I can't wait to read the follow up.

Rating - A+

No comments: