Friday, March 11, 2011

ORGANIZE YOUR CORPES

Charlotte Adams is a professional organizer who recently returned to her hometown to set up a business after being jilted by her fiance. Charlotte's first customer is Miss Henley, her nasty teacher from St. Judes' Grade School. Despite her friends attempts to convince her not to take the job, Charlotte is determined to help the woman clean up the old family mansion which is a hoarder's nest. Unfortunately, when Charlotte goes to meet Miss Henley, she finds her client buried in newpapers, her head smashed by a beam. Charlotte feels responsible for finding out how she died.

This is the first book in the series by Mary Jane Maffini. I had heard lots of good things about it and was looking forward to reading it. I found it pretty dull. I considered not finishing it several times. Even though the ending was good and I liked the supporting characters, I wasn't especially fond of Charlotte. Maybe she is too goody-goody or OCS. I'm not sure but I won't be rushing to read other books in this series.

Rating - B-

No comments: