Friday, March 11, 2011

THE SCENT OF RAIN AND LIGHTENING

Jody Lindner has returned to her hometown of Rose, Kansas to begin her job as a teacher. Everyone knows Jody. Not only are her grandparents owners of the largest ranch in the area, she is also the daughter of a man who was murdered and whose mother hasn't been seen since the night her dad died. Small towns don't forget such things, especially when Billy Crosby, the man who is accused of killing her father has been aquitted of the murder and is returning to town. All of the old memories are stirred up again and Jody is deteremined to know the truth once and for all.

I read Nancy Pickard's other novel, "Virgin of the Small Plains" last year and loved it. I was almost hesitant to pick up this one. I am so glad I did. More of a thriller than a mystery, I loved the way the past and present were woven together. I didn't guess the killer and was totally surprised and satisfied with the ending. The characters were realistic and human. I can't wait for Ms. Pickard to come out with another novel!!

Rating - A+

No comments: