Sunday, June 12, 2011

BURIED PREY

Lucas Davenport has had a successful career but when the bodies of two young girls are found nearly twenty years after they disappeared, Lucas is drawn back to the beginning of his career as a detective. The case was thrilling because it gave him a chance to get out of uniform but he felt pressured to go along with the opinions of the officer in charge instead of trusting his instincts. He now feels that he has a chance to partially correct the mistakes made twenty years ago and he is determined to find the killer. When one of his inner circle of friends dies, Lucas is frantic to set the record straight.

It took me a little while to get into this latest in the Lucas Davenport series and I'm not sure why. I love Lucas Davenport and this was a fun look back at him as a young man. I know some readers feel that Lucas, the married family man has lost some of his charm. I actually enjoyed both young and more mature Lucas and once again, I got completely caught up in the story. I'll be looking forward to the next book whether it features Virgil Flowers or Lucas Davenport. John Sandford always tells a great story.

Rating - A-

No comments: