Wednesday, October 15, 2008

BLOODY MARY

Jack Daniel's life is way too complicated. Her mother is living in Florida and hospitalized after a fall. Jack is trying to convince to come live with her in Chicago. Her love life is complicated, too. She is in love with her new boyfriend but then her ex-husband shows up. Not only that, but a killer is on the loose and Jack suspects that the killer may be a cop. She and her partner, Herb, are trying to find the killer without giving away clues that a policeman with inside contacts would be able to use.

This is the second in the Jack Daniel's series by J.A. Konrath. Like the first, I found this to be a good mystery but I didn't really enjoy the parts about Jack's personal life. For someone who is so accomplished professionally, she seems to be such a loser in her personal life. I could be the only one who feels this way but I'm not sure that I'll continue the series. I do know that I won't be rushing to read the next book anytime soon.

Rating - 3.5 stars

No comments: