Saturday, October 18, 2008

MURDER ON THE ROCKS

Natalie has recently moved from Texas to the coast of Maine to her dream job of owning a bed and breakfast. It looks like the Gray Whale Inn may not be in existence for long if a developer named Bernard Katz has his way. He plans to construct a huge resort which would wipe out all of the natural habitats and tear down Natalie's inn to build a parking lot. Natalie will do just about anything to protect her bed and breakfast, but when she finds Katz murdered, she is shocked. In a very short time, it seems that Natalie is the main suspect. Natalie decides that if she is going to stay out of jail long enough to keep the inn, she had better find the killer herself.

I had heard lots of great comments about this series by Karen McInerney but it took me awhile to get the book and start reading. What I had heard was right - this is a great series and I'll be looking for the next book very soon. I really enjoyed hearing about life on an island off the coast of Maine and the characters were very enjoyable, too. I'll be looking forward to my next visit to Cranberry Island and the Gray Whale Inn.

Rating - 5 stars

No comments: