Friday, April 24, 2009

LOOK AGAIN

What would you do if you suddenly believed that the child you had legally adopted had been kidnapped and his birth parents were searching for him? This is the predictament that Ellen Gleeson faces. She gets a postcard in the mail with a picture of a missing child. The child's face is amazingly similar in appearance to her son, Will. Still, Ellen is sure that it can't be true. The picture haunts her and she seeks out her lawyer, only to find out the the woman committed suicide shortly after Will's adoption. The more Ellen digs, the more convinced she is that her son had been abducted in a carjacking and then abandoned in a hospital when he developed a serious heart condition. What can she do and how can she bear to lose him?

Lisa Scottoline has long been one of my favorite authors. I was disappointed to learn that this book was a stand-alone and not when of the books about Bennie and her team of female lawyers. I love all of those stories!!! This book was a slow start for me. I liked Ellen and was sympathetic to her plight but this was more of a thriller than a mystery. I also missed the legal aspects of Scottoline's usual works. Still, it was a good book and I will anxiously wait for Scottoline's next work.

Rating - 4.5 stars

No comments: