Monday, December 21, 2009

THE BIG STEAL

Sterling Glass is an antiques appraiser who has been sent to a Virginia estate which has had a burglary. Sterling soon learns that this house is very unusual for Virginia because the antiques and the whole house are more Victorian than southern. The estate also is in danger of being shut down because there are no funds to keep it running. Sterling thinks that some of the items in the home are real antiques and some are reproductions. Her job is to do an adequate appraisal for the insurance company but things at Wynderly are spooky in more ways than one.

This is the second in the series by Emyl Jenkins. This is the first one that I have read. I think that an antiques appraiser is an interesting profession for a cozy mystery. Something in the writer's style bothered me. Things seemed to be rather disjointed at times and I felt I had to fill in parts of the story on my own at times. I liked the story, though, and I think I'll try another soon.

Rating - 4 stars

No comments: