Monday, December 21, 2009

MURPHY'S LAW

Molly Murphy is in big trouble. She has left Ireland after killing the landlord's son after he tried to rape her. She knows that no one will believe her so she is on the run. When she gets to London, a woman saves her from the police. She also asks her to take her children to America where her husband is waiting for them. The woman has TB and is too ill to travel but she needs Molly to take the children on the ship. For Molly, escaping to America sounds wonderful. Still, when Molly is a witness to a murder on Ellis Island, she is in danger herself and somehow, she must find a way to make a living in America.

This is the first book that I have read by Rhys Bowen even though I had heard about her for years. I loved Molly Murphy and I thought the book was quick-paced and fun. I'll be eager to read more of Molly and her adventures and I may check out further of Ms. Bowen's books.

Rating - 4.5 stars

No comments: