Monday, March 10, 2008

7TH HEAVEN

7TH HEAVEN is James Patterson's latest sequel to the Women's Murder Club series. Lindsay Boxer is involved in a case of a missing boy. It is Yuki's job to prosecute the case with very limited hard evidence. As usual, there is a parallel story, this time involving arson cases all over the San Fransico area. The arsonists leave a book at the fire scene, inscribed in Latin. As Lindsay and her partner struggle to solve the two cases, Lindsay has to choose between her longtime boyfriend, Joe and her partner, Conklin.

I gave up on the last Women's Murder Club book I tried to read. I'm not sure if it was #5 or #6. This story was quite a bit better. I sometimes feel that Lindsay Boxer's voice just doesn't ring true. I'm not sure if it's because it is written by a man (although the co-writer is a woman) about a woman in a tough job. Sometimes, the things she says, or maybe the way she says them, just aren't believable for me. Ah well, it's a quick read and not every book is going to be totally memorable, huh?

Rating - 3 stars

No comments: