Thursday, March 6, 2008

Hey There

Hi!

I have been intrigued by the idea of having a blog for quite awhile now. I thought it would be so much fun to share with others the books I have read. I am an avid reader. The rest of my life is busy, too, with three kids, a husband, a job, on and on...but the one constant in my life is that I love to read. I am always reading something. Occassionally, I hit a slump where I can't find anything I really want to read but those times are very few and far between.

I freely admit that I read for fun. I often avoid the heavy stuff. Mysteries are my absolute favorite, but I do enjoy some romances, popular chick lit, biographies and non-fiction. If I don't like it, I put it down. Nancy Pearl, the wonderful librarian of the Book Lust series says that if you aren't hooked in the first 50 pages, put it down. Sounds like a good rule to me!

Here are a few of my favorite authors: J.A. Jance, Margaret Truman, James Patterson, Jeffrey Deaver, John Lescroart, Lisa Scottoline, Linda Fairstein, Joanna Fluke, William Bernhardt, James Grippando, and the list goes on and on! I'll add names as I think of them.

I'm always looking for suggestions, so feel free to share your favorites, too!

Have a great day!
jsm

No comments: